Mitering an Outside Corner
General Tools And Materials:Click Here To Download A Printable PDF Version
- Table Saw with Finish Blade
- Screw Gun/ Drill Driver & Bits
- Loctite® PL® Premium® 3X Construction Adhesive
- Color Coordinating Textured Caulk
- Caulk Gun
- Fine Hand File
- Tape Measure
- Safety Glasses
- Small Paint Brush
- Touchup Kit (included)
Acclimate all panels by storing them flat in the installation location (but away from moisture and direct sunlight or other heat sources) for at least 24 hours.
- Be sure to obey all safety rules and recommendations set forth by tool manufacturers.
- Wear safety glasses during the entire installation process.
- Be sure to follow all applicable building codes.
- Always comply with clearances set forth by the manufacturer of stoves, fireplaces, furnaces, and any other heat source.
Familiarize yourself with the appropriate panel installation guide. Orient yourself to the panel and locate the lip, fingers and slots to determine the installation direction. Figure A
Set the saw to a 45 degree angle. With the textured face of the panel facing up and the lip away from you, make a 45 degree cut. Figure B
Set Side B aside. Flip Side A over so that the textured front of the panel facing is down and the edge from the previous cut is towards the saw blade, adjust the saw 90 degrees and make a second 45 degree cut as close to the end of the panel as possible. Discard the material that was cut away. Figure C
Using standard installation instructions, mount the first section of the cut panel.
Mount the second section by adding adhesive to the back of the panel as well as a small bead of adhesive to the edge where the panels will meet. Push the cut sides of the panels together and secure with screws. Use the fine hand file to blend the panels. Figure D