Beam Hanger Installation Instructions
General Tools and MaterialsClick Here to Download a Printable PDF Version
- Beam Hanger
- Loctite® PL® Premium® 3X Construction Adhesive
- Caulk Gun
- Caulk or Permanent Marker
- Screw Gun / Drill Driver & Bits
- Drywall Screws
- Utility Knife
- Clean Cloth
- Safety Glasses
- Square / T-Bevel
- Be sure to obey all safety rules and recommendations set forth by tool manufacturers.
- Wear safety glasses during the entire installation process.
- Always comply with clearances set forth by the manufacturer of stoves, fireplaces, furnaces, and any other heat source.
Determine Mounting Location
- Hold the strap to the desired location. If the strap is too long use a utility knife and straight edge to trim it to size.
- If you plan to add faux fasteners to the hanger, mark the desired location on the hanger. It is a good idea to add the screws in step 3 to the marked locations so that the faux fasteners can cover up any screw holes.
Apply a ¼” bead of adhesive to the back of the hanger, avoiding the edges.
- Line the strap up at the installation location. Press firmly on the hanger working from the bottom of the beam then up the sides to ensure good contact.
- Screw the strap to the beam.
- Wipe any excess adhesive with a clean cloth.
- Look at the hanger from the ground. If the hanger is not laying flat install additional screws.
- If screw heads are visible, hide them using black caulk or permanent marker.
Add faux fasteners by adding a small dab of adhesive to the back and pressing firmly to the hanger. (optional)