Mitering Clean Edges
General Tools And Materials:Click Here to Download a Printable PDF Version
- Caulk Gun
- Loctite® PL® Premium® 3X Construction Adhesive
- Brad Gun & Brads
- Table Saw with Finish Blade
- Safety Glasses
- Small Paint Brush
- Touchup Kit (included)
- Fine Hand File
- Tape Measure
Acclimate all panels by storing them flat in the installation location (but away from moisture and direct sunlight or other heat sources) for at least 24 hours.
- Be sure to obey all safety rules and recommendations set forth by tool manufacturers.
- Wear safety glasses during the entire installation process.
- Be sure to follow all applicable building codes.
- Always comply with clearances set forth by the manufacturer of stoves, fireplaces, furnaces, and any other heat source.
Familiarize yourself with the appropriate panel installation guide. Locate the lip, fingers and slots to determine the installation direction. Figure A
Trim one end of the panel to make it straight and square. Figure B
Set the saw to a 45 degree angle. With the textured face of the panel facing down, make a 45 degree cut. Retain the strip that was just created. Figure C
Flip the panel so that the textured face of the panel is facing up and the cut edge is towards the saw, make a second 45 degree cut as close to the end of the panel as possible. Discard cut piece. Figure D
Dry fit the strip that was created by the cut in Step 3 to the end of the panel.
Attach the strip to the cut end of the panel using brads and Loctite PL Premium 3X. Figure E
Use the fine hand file to blend the panels then conceal the seam with caulk and touch-up paint.