WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
AZ Faux Beams faux panels are lightweight and easy to install. Our faux panels cut like wood and only require simple carpenter tools:
- If your AZ Faux Beams panels have been stored in a hot environment, let them cool for 24 hours prior to installation. If they were in a cool environment, they can be installed as is
- Store AZ Faux Beams faux panels on a flat surface to prevent bowing. If
they do bow, lay them flat and the panels will self-correct.
- Install the faux panels as tightly as possible and follow the storage and installation instructions carefully.
- Because of the highly textured surface of our faux panels, it is recommended that all measurements be marked and cut on the flat backside of the panel.
- AZ faux panels interlock at each end and overlap top and bottom for a seamless look. The first panel must be trimmed on one side so you have a straight edge to start with - the horizontal protruding lip of the panel should be on the top.
- Make sure the back of the panel and the walls are free from dust, dirt, or other contaminants.
- Apply a generous amount of construction adhesive such as PL Premium® in a vertical pattern. Adhere the panel to the wall, making sure it is level, and hold in place while the adhesive is curing, screw or nail the panels into place. Use tap cons (concrete screws) for exterior applications over concrete or masonry, make sure to firmly secure the seams between panels.
- Place your fasteners where a small hole will not be noticeable. If you need to further conceal a hole you can apply a dab of a matching caulk (available at your local hardware store).
- Once your first panel is in place, repeat the procedure, making sure each panel is level and secure.
- When starting the next row of panels, cut your first panel in half, so the vertical seams between panels are not in alignment from row to row.
- The inside and outside corners are designed to continue the panels into and around corners, simply measure and cut the panel to butt up tightly against the corners.
- The ledge can be placed on top of a panel to finish the look, if desired.