General Tools and Materials:
Find the Center of the Strap
Lay the strap flat. Find the line on the back of the strap that indicates the center. Use a pencil to mark the center location on the edge of the strap.
Dry Fit the Strap to the Beam
- Lay the strap along the beam.
- Align the v-grooves with the corners, making sure that the strap is square.
- Draw a light pencil line perpendicular to the center of the beam strap (as marked in Step 1).
- Wrap the strap around the rest of the beam. Mark and trim any protrusions.
- Repeat if using more than one strap per beam.
Install the Beam
Install the beam using the installation-appropriate instructions.
Apply a ¼” bead of adhesive to the back of the strap, avoiding the edges. Be sure to get some into the v-grooves.
- Align the center of the strap to the marks made in Step 2.
- Press firmly on the strap working from the center up each side to ensure good contact between the adhesive and the beam.
- Screw the strap to the beam starting at the bottom corners then screwing one side and the other.
- Wipe off any excess adhesive with a clean cloth.
- Look at the strap from the ground. If the strap is not lying flat against the beam, install additional screws.
- If screw heads are visible, hide them using black caulk or permanent marker.